Privacy and Security
We respect your privacy and are committed to handling your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
Why we collect information
We collect information to provide you with the best service that we can. We need this information to deliver products and services to you, to complete transactions on your behalf and to better understand your requirements and preferences.
We may contact you for additional information or verification before accepting any order.
This information also allows us to provide you with offers that are of more specific interest or benefit to you.
Collection of Your Personal Information
You acknowledge and consent that by providing your personal information to us that we and/or our third party service providers may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected
We can collect it :-
(a) directly from you;
(b) when you register as a member of the website;
(c) when you place an order via the website;
(d) where you access and interact with the website or the Customer Team; or
(e) from other sources.
The information collected may include your name, mailing or residential address, telephone number, email address and other transaction and registration details.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide the information, goods or the service you may require, or to fulfil one or more other purposes of collection of your personal information.
Accuracy and Access to Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us to do this, please provide us with the correct information and inform us if your details change.
Providing Personal Information about Another Person
You represent to us that where you provide personal information to us about another person, you are authorised to provide that information to us, and that you will inform that person who we are, how we use and disclose their information, and that they can gain access to that information;
Sharing your information
We may need to pass personal details such as your name, business name and address to service providers who perform some of our deliveries. This may include major delivery companies, outsourced call centres, mail houses and third party fulfilment contractors.
In special circumstances (for example, if there is a new owner of the business), your information may be transferred as part of that sale. We will not use your information for purposes unrelated to the services we provide without your consent.
We may also provide data to other business partners for various purposes, such as marketing research. In this situation, only details pertaining to the direct transaction and sales of our products will be released.
If you would like to access your personal information, please email your request via the Contact Us page or phone us on (02)9756-5000. We take the greatest care to store your personal information securely in order to justify your confidence in shopping with us online.
Only specially cleared team members have access to our customers' personal information. Their access is subject to strict controls and procedures.
Our e-commerce sites use a security measure called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL locks all your critical information in an encrypted envelope, preventing this information from being intercepted. Our SSL technology is the industry standard in Internet security.
How we protect customer information
For credit card transactions, Pulset uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. This means the credit card information you send is encrypted by your computer, and then decrypted again when it reaches our company, preventing others from accessing your private information in the process.
Transmission of Your Data
While care is taken to protect your personal information on the website, unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed as 100% secure. Our website uses SSL Technology to help protect the data, however we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online. This is particularly true for information you send to us via email as we have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your personal information, we are required to protect it in accordance with the Act.
Pulset website may contain links to websites which are owned or operated by other parties. You should make your own enquiries as to the privacy policies of these parties. We are not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, such websites.
About cookies and what they tell us
Cookies may record information about your visit, including the type of browser and operating system you use the previous site you visited, your server’s IP address, the pages you access and the information downloaded by you. While this anonymous statistical data may be aggregated and used in broader statistical analysis by us and our web monitoring service provider to improve our services, at no time can we personally identify you as the source of that data.
Direct marketing by mail and email
You consent for your personal information to be included in a database for use in direct marketing by Pulset Pty Ltd, their related entities or their third party contractors. At Pulset we want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us, so we will only send you mail or email via direct marketing if you choose to receive them. If you would like to receive offers from us, please tick the relevant box when you register with Pulset. If you no longer wish to receive these offers, please email us or call (02) 9756-5000. Please note that all emails, SMS and newsletters from this website allow you to opt-out of further mailings by clicking on the link or responding “unsubscribe”.
How do we handle customer information
- We do not collect personal information when you visit our site unless you log on, place an order or register with us.
- When you place an order, you will be asked for personal information including your name, e-mail address, mailing address, delivery address, phone number and any specific delivery instructions. We may share this information with third parties which are involved in the processing of your order - for example, the financial institution that issued your credit card and the shipping carrier that will deliver your order.
- Pulset is committed to reducing the risk of fraud. Our policy is to prosecute any cases of fraud that we identify. As a first time customer, you may receive a telephone call or email requesting more information/proof to confirm the details that you have supplied to us. If any of the information you supply is found to be false or misleading, we will, if deemed appropriate, report this to the appropriate authorities.
- We do not share, sell, rent or barter any identifiable personal information to any third party without your permission.
- When you log on to our site, we will ask you your e-mail address and user ID.
- When you submit feedback or questions via e-mail, or contact us for information about our website, we will request your name and e-mail address. We use this information solely to respond to your inquiries.
- When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may require your name, address, and e-mail address in order to assist us in managing the contest and to notify winners. We may ask for other information to enable us to improve our site or to send you special offers.
- Our site contains links to other sites. Pulset is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
- By default, all web server log files capture IP addresses. We may use your IP to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our website and to track web usage. This information is used internally and is not shared outside the company.
Our Privacy Complaint Process
If you have any questions or complaints about how we handle your personal information, you can contact our Privacy Co-ordinator on (02) 97565000 (during business hours) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to our privacy policies and practices